Friday, March 18, 2011

Pushy Christians: Councillor Michael Thompson

So that's now non pinkos prioritize spending.

Must have been terrifying getting by the rattles and beads.

In Rob Ford’s City Hall, gravy is the ultimate sin. But what if the gravy was blessed by a Baptist pastor?

According to an expense form filed Jan. 4, Councillor Michael Thompson spent $300 of taxpayers’ money to have his office blessed by a Baptist pastor in December.

“(Having my office blessed) helps me to perform my task, the enormous task, of being a councillor,” Thompson explained Thursday night. “I believe a little faith is a tremendous guiding hand and principle in my ability to make my decisions on a daily basis.”

The hour-long blessing took place on Dec. 7, 2010, the inaugural day of the newly-elected council under Mayor Ford, who campaigned on a platform of austerity and derailing the “gravy train.”


Read more here.

No comments: