Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Dark Knight

Holy Over the Top

Batman's current incarnation continues its dizzying accession to the upper stratosphere of pretension.

This is The Crow of this decade. The film won't be very good, but everyone will rush to see the dead guy's appearance.

From the post this came from:

"I guarantee you will be BLOWN AWAY. I have not seen a poster that brings out this much energy and excitement ever....I love the colors, I love Batman's pose, I love the flaming building - this poster kicks some serious ass! Now is everyone getting excited for The Dark Knight? "

Um no. Yuck.

That guy needs to see more posters.

Unfortunately this is going to get a lot of negative reactions from people who feel this looks an awful lot like what we saw when the planes hit the WTC on 9/11.
Chris on Apr 24, 2008

6
Chris, oh god, I hadn't notice… but you have a point, Some people will be offended.
bltzie on Apr 24, 2008

7
Freakin sweet. Sweet glorious poster design. I want 5 of them.

And Chris, I see where you're coming from, but it's just a building on fire. Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "People only see what they WANT to see." So if you look at this and see 9/11, that's just a reflection on who YOU are. Not on the poster. Personally when I look at it, I see a 22 ounce serving of bad-ass!


Makes you want to weep, doesn't it?

Read more here.

No comments: