Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Bigots in Iowa demand a vote on others rights

The debate over traditional marriage versus marriage equality took center stage on the House floor Monday night. More than 100 people signed up to speak at the public hearing, but only half got the chance.

Hundreds more packed the chambers to show their support for and against a bill to ban gay marriage. Supporters want the right to vote on amend the constitution to define marriage between one man and one woman.

"When will the people have the chance to be heard? To be sure, full disclosure, I support marriage as created by God," says Danny Carroll. He was the first person to address lawmakers.

"I don't understand why they won't le the state vote," says Jim Deheer.


Translation: I'm a bigot and want to vote my fellow citizen's rights away. And no, I don't think they are people in the same way as me, would I being trying to hurt them using the power of government otherwise, but technically I have to work within the laws. But they are not "equal" to me, so I demand the right to vote on their rights, as their superior it is only natural. Why can't we just beat them up like the old days? God damn it, I miss high school.

Read more here.

No comments: