Saturday, July 05, 2008

Archie comics

ArchieArchie comes for you when you're roughly 10 years old, when romance is a far-off rumbling. It's a hazy time. Teachers cease to exist the moment they leave the school building. Other adults are incomprehensible beings who hide in offices all day, performing secret tasks. At night Mom or Dad will slam a bedroom door, and you have no idea why. History is a rumor, science a series of magic tricks. Pets die. Grandparents too. Movies are filled with jokes and references just beyond your mental grasp. The choices at the iTunes store are bewildering. The president's father was also once the president, apparently. You like garish colors.

Read more here.

1 comment:

Bram Adimas said...

I came across this comic just 3 years ago when I decided to study in Singapore. Back in hometown in Indonesia, there is no Archie comics and whenever I brought back to my hometown, my sister will always grab them.