Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Second Life pVIII

inside

A report from inside.

I've been inside for a month now, and have learned more about SL (as it is referred to inside. Outside is RL...)

On the downside, SL is expensive if you want to "own" land and build. First you pay outright for the land, then a monthly "land fee", depending on how much land you own.

I am presently at 1, 536 sqm, and am desperately looking around for a money raising scheme.

What makes money here? Land, gambling and sex (as well as clothing and body enhancements. Penises seem to go for twice the price of a whole body...and they're are different models and levels of functionality).

At the end of the day, SL is a chatroom (ok, rooms). It has its strange subcultures (Furries for example), and worlds of roleplay and violence. But it is multi-varied and always visually interesting (or shockingly tacky. Malls here can be nightmares).

When if finally comes in. Like a gif in the 90's, worlds in SL can take time to download and complete ("rezzing"), resulting in wonderful surreal landscapes.

inside

My own landscape grew last week with the purchase of a piece of land next to my first. I took down the "house/gallery" on the first, replaced it with a park and began to build a new gallery.

inside

So I settling in to the new world, developing my character and his role there...

inside

No comments: