Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Something about this bugs me

roadkill
Artists erect giant pink bunny on mountain

Italy, home to the Roman Empire and the Renaissance, have outdone themselves.

"An enormous pink bunny has been erected on an Italian mountainside where it will stay for the next 20 years.

...the bunny is not just for walking around - they are expecting hikers to climb its 20 foot sides and relax on its belly.

The giant rabbit is expected to remain on the mountain side until 2025".


Hummm, what about a giant wooden badger?

2 comments:

John MacDonald said...

Thanks for your clarifying comments on the Mapes Inn on my weblog. I must say that I absolutely loved reading your journals from the 70s. Simply AMAZING! The candour with which they were written is particularly refreshing. I always wanted to know what it was like living in the West Island as a young person then...with me being teen in the 80s and all.

I have a tenuous connection with John Rennie High School, too. Besides having a few friends who went there, I did some student teaching there for a couple of months in 1993.

Your picture gallery is definitely worth checking out. The hair styles were pretty freaky back then, eh? You-have-changed-alot!

The use of the phrase I found at the end of your journals, "Vox audita perit, littera scripta manet" (The spoken word perishes, but the written word remains) is apt. Thanks for the memories, Alan.

protogenes said...

Thanks, that's very kind.

Information about the Mapes is spread out here and there on the net, mostly in message boards like yours. I'm trying to get it all in one place.