Thursday, May 26, 2011

F*ck You Huffington Post Canada

do you live in igloos?
Thank goodness there's no offensive stereotyping here*...

If I want to be force redirected to a "Canadian" version of your homepage, I'll ask for it.

This is not the net, it is you making me view a page. If I type in ".com" it means that where I want to go, not to be redirected to some ghetto'd page you think I want.

Fuck you.

Why would they do such an arrogent thing you ask?

Arianna Huffington: When we announced our merger with AOL, I said that one of the things that most excited me about the deal was how it would allow us to reach our goals -- including the launch of international editions of HuffPost -- much, much faster. Three months later, I'm delighted to be in Toronto for today's launch of our first international version

Yup, her corporate minders have commanded: Take readers choice away, they're only Canadians. They're a simple folk who know nothing of the Interwebs and will react with *joy* at our decision...well, just look at the graphic!

I'd like to see her try something like this on a US audience.

I suggest writing THP and tell them of your displeasure. They might just get the message...but don't bet on it.

Also, leave a message in the comment section in this story on the Canadian version, conveniently called "HuffPost Canada Readers, Speak Up"

* to our non Canadian readers: notwithstanding the Huffington Post's excellent journalism skills, Canadian beavers are still unable to read or even manipulate an iPad (although given Huffington's opinion of Canada, that well may be an Etch a Sketch).

This is not the fault of the Canadian education system, which has tried for years to teach the beaver the basics of literary knowledge...to no avail.

It is accurate in the depiction of the hockey player however. They have been able to read for over a decade now.

Oh look, the supply ship from France has arrived! Gotta go!

1 comment:

informedconsent said...

I am with you - Can't seem to get around this redirected crap this morning.

It was bad enough that any Daily Show or Colbert clips would be "blacked out", sending me the the useless "Comedy Network" site where they didn't even have updated content but this is too much.

I have already sent HP an email with the expected zero response.