Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh no, our Federal Science Minister is a dope Christian

Get these people out of power!

Our Conservative government continues to embarrass us on a planetary scale.

I know I shouldn't be surprised, this is a Harper appointment after all, but but, the man is clearly unqualified for the job of *Science* minister. Perhaps that is Harper's point.

"Shucks we don't understand all this new learnin', then gosh darn either will you."

It might explain why science budgets have been cut by this government. Guess the money for all those Armed Services ads on TV has to come from somewhere.

I don't mind if they want to keep themselves ignorant, but please don't put them in the Science portfolio. Minister of Voodoo, or of "Duh I dunno" perhaps?

Federal Science Minister Gary Goodyear's refusal to say whether he believes in evolution has left scientists questioning what that means for Canadian research.

Dolph Schluter, a professor at the University of British Columbia, told CBCNews.ca in an email that he was "first flabbergasted and then embarrassed" when he heard Goodyear's response to a reporter's question about whether he believed in evolution.

"I'm not going to answer that question," Goodyear, federal minister of state for science and technology, told the Globe and Mail in an article published Tuesday. "I am a Christian, and I don't think anybody asking a question about my religion is appropriate."


Again, I must apologize at the daily ignorance our Conservative government displays to the world.

Read more here.

No comments: