Monday, February 12, 2007

Munimula

mulimuli

The Ruff & Reddy Show was the first television show produced by Hanna-Barbera from 1957-60, and is now largely forgotten.

One aspect of it I never forgot were the MuliMuli Men (as my sister and I called the highlights of cars coming up behind us on long family vacation trips...).

These were actually the Munimula Men (Aluminum backwards), evil robots bent on destruction.

Update! Through the magic of the net, there is an episode in (sorry) RealVideo, The Mad Monster of Muni Mula

Update update!
Screw RealVideo

3 comments:

PM Summer said...

I hadn't made the association between the Munimula men and the Daleks... which is Skelad spelled backwards.

protogenes said...

Interesting. I have not seen that connection explored either.

Authors Mom said...

I remember that cartoon.........remember they came from the land of YENOM........money, spelled backwards. I have used that term with my kids and grand kids for years!!