Sunday, September 24, 2006

"Legal" music

legalYeah yeah, I know, we're all criminals and terrorists if we've every even though of downloading a song off the internet (you should see Bin Laden's Abba collection).

Well, I bought my first "legal" music from the Apple Music Store yesterday, and it was surprisingly easy experience. Maybe too easy ;)

What I got was Sloan "Never Hear the End of It". I've listened to Sloan over the years, first hearing them in 1993 . With this release (which I heard in a video store playing, and asked the clerk what it was), it shows they have listened to their Hollies and Beatle records, but it still has their distinctive sound as well.

Standouts: "Anu Lucia", "Ill Placed Trust", and others too as well. "I Can't Sleep" is way too short! If you like jangly 60's pop (listen to "I Understand"), go for it.

No comments: