Monday, August 29, 2005

Marketing can be so difficult

overly straight-laced

This was my concept for a talent search poster for my radio show/podcast.

Seems this was misunderstood by one of the cast members, who thought it was a general poster for the show, and said:

"Don't wish to appear overly straight-laced but I don't think this type of image is to our advantage or our credit when trying to get new listeners on board."

Interesting...he goes on:

"I prefer the old-style B&W drawings in terms of style. Their images were a reasonable visual representation of important aspects of the show, something I think we ought to look at maintaining."

You mean a poster, like this one?

reasonable

anyway, another concept...

who ya gonna slice

...elicited this response from another cast memeber:

"I hate to quibble, but if I was going to slash someone up with a kitchen knife, I'd hold it the other way. If that girl tries for a stab and hits a rib, she will wind up slicing her own fingers open.

Safety in the workplace. Not just for normal people."


Such is the clay I have to work with in building a world media empire...

btw, the tagline is "you too may be a psychotic"

No comments: