Monday, August 13, 2007

Top Ten

Following the recent trend of online Top Ten lists (The Ten Best Movies Ever...or at least since 1980 because we having actually seen one made before that), I present:

Ten Recent Trends I Just Don't Get (in no particular order)

1) Borat
It's depressing that even to this day, the most searched for item on this blog is Borat, and why I hate him. If you can watch his work and still have to wonder, I give up on you.

2) Paris Hilton
I stood amazed as the media and large dim witted segments of the population actually took this woman seriously (see item 6). WTF?

3) American Idol
Nasty piece of work all around. Video equivalent of slowing down to watch a traffic accident (this includes much of the Reality TV genre).

4) Americans
Or at least Bush type Americans. They endure once what many endure daily, and become the very thing they claim to hate. Shame on you. Boo!

5) Creationism
I understand why some might want to believe this, but to push it into schools is wrong. Science it is not.

6) Beckham
And "Beckhamania". Completely media driven, he and wife are "everywhere". Shame he's not that pretty, and has a squeaky little mouse voice (this could just as well be Justin Timberlake...)

7) Umbrella
Holy fuck, that song. The most annoying hook this decade. Fags in Second Life love it. Case Closed.

8) Superhero movies
Without exception, they are overblown pseudo-profound wastes of time (of course, if you haven't seen a movie made before 1980, then Batman Returns *is* great art).

9) Fox News
I had Fox News on cable for awhile (until they wanted us to *pay* for it, and I said Fuck that), and it was truly fun to watch. But taken seriously? Never. O'Reily would be at home in the Reich (see item 4).

10) Top Ten Lists
Does anyone really care? Any list is just the opinion of the writer(s). My list is as good as yours (better even, I've seen movies made before 1980).

No comments: