Monday, November 07, 2005

Rome X

local colour

"I don't want my chariot stopped by giant turds" says Caesar

And who can blame him?

Unfortunately, Caesar's progress is constantly beginning interrupted by some big ones...the writers.

Why can't make up its mind which story it wants to tell. I find when if follows the historical record (however loosely), it can be interesting, even fun to watch.

When it inserts its own plot lines other than than, such as The Tweedles, it is dumb and unbelievable.

Consider Tweedle Dumb.

"I'm a solider, not a murderer."

Buzzz. Sorry. Thank you for playing.

Call me old fashion, but are viewers really sympathetic to this character? He's a thug, but we are to care that he's been rejected by his old army unit and his slave, all in the same day.

Got what he deserved if you ask me. But no, the writers are setting up some sort of artificial tension between him and Tweedle Dee. Ooooo, the suspense!

They are not giving Ciaran Hinds enough screen time if you ask me. I would pay to see a movie version of the Last Days of Caesar staring Mr Hinds.

I leave a movie version of the Tweedles to those who miss Jim Carrey.

No comments: